The following activities are done by LKC Beheer & Inspectie at Nikhef in Amsterdam:
- NEN 3140 inspections
- NEN 3140 training instructed person
- Implementation Safe Operations
Nikhef in Amsterdam
2004 – Present
Nikhef, the National Institute for Subatomic Physics is an institute that carries out research in the field of (astro)particle physics. Scientists and engineers work together on research into the smallest building blocks of matter and the forces that act between them. These miniscule particles are studied in collision processes using large particle accelerators, including those of CERN near Geneva, as well as in interactions of high-energy cosmic particles in the Earth's atmosphere or in seawater.
Both the low voltage and high voltage installations are managed by its own staff. LKC Beheer & Inspectie is requested for the drafting of a management plan in accordance with NEN 3140, NEN-EN 50110 and NEN 3840. LKC Beheer & Inspectie periodically performs NEN 3140 inspections.
Benefits for Nikhef
- “Continuously insight into the condition of the existing installations;
- Controlled business operation by designation of installation responsible and streamlined security procedures;
- Meet the high security requirements;
- Controlling budgets regarding management, maintenance and inspections of installations;
- Take controlled preventive safety measurements for present staff.”